Expert Explore: Improving the Candidate Experience
March 4 @ 11:00 - 12:30Free
There are big challenges facing TA people:
- Future Skills and leadership pipeline
- Redefining talent
- Retention and onboarding
- More informed job seekers
- Changing attitudes to work
The big question is how can TA professionals face these challenges and rise above them to make a better business impact.
Our roles are becoming strategic. You are a crucial part of the overall business strategy and are responsible for the key resource that drives the entire business, the talent.
From understanding the business model, the future skill requirements to knowing how to access strengths and capabilities of the candidates, the TA professionals have to take new approaches and start new practices to be able to cope with today’s challenges.
Here are a few things TA professionals need to do to move in tune with the changing times:
- Move from filling vacancies to being part of the overall talent strategy for business.
- Be proactive internal consultants and focus on relationship building.
- Research, and analyze to understand the future skills requirement, not only in the context of their company but at a macro level.
- Know how to assess candidate strengths and capabilities and make more effective hiring decisions.
- Have a more attractive recruitment process.
- Automate workflows. Make technology your ally and leverage it for all the operational tasks to better focus on being a talent strategist.
- Create meaningful content to keep potential candidates engaged.
- Go beyond attracting and hiring talent and focus on creating experiences for talent at each stage of the employee lifecycle. Hence, focus on talent management and not just talent acquisition.
Most recruiters think their job is done as soon as they hire the candidate and candidate joins the company. But times have changed. Each candidate – active, passive, rejected, hired, is the brand ambassador of the company and hence their experience is critical for TA professionals. Engage with them, build relationships, take care of their needs and work closely with managers and business leaders.
The new age TA professionals not only has to be a good listener or a communicator but has to be a talent strategist and a marketer.
Work with a member of our Expert Network as we unpack the candidate experience with strategies on how your business can improve it.
11am – 12.30pm AEDT
Thursday 4th March 2021
Live in Brisbane, Streamed Virtually
Open to Advisor, Top Table and Executive BoardRoom members of Talent Table Tribe only.